Niddry Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1TH
Niddry Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1TH
theSpace on Niddry St offers an unrivalled location right at the heart of the festival on the Royal Mile. The venue is known by audiences for offering an array of award winning work. Perfect for theatre, musical theatre, physical theatre, dance, music and comedy the venue is perfect for large to mid scale performance.
The venue can boast several awards in recent years including in the prestigious Fringe First and NSDF Award for best show. In 2016 over 15000 audience goers saw shows in the two spaces.
Since 2015 the courtyard on Crown Square adjacent to the venue has presented a ‘pop-up-bar’ – perfect for a pre or post show drink as well as a great social hub for audiences to gather and for shows to promote their work.
Theatre Plan & Technical Details:
A plan and a summary of theSpace @ Niddry St's technical details are available in PDF form here.
If you are using Adobe Acrobat the link will open on the correct page for theSpace @ Niddry St. If you are using an alternative PDF reader, please navigate to page 15.
Prices / Inclusive deals:
When booking one of our venues we prefer to offer companies an all inclusive straight hire package. We believe that the straight hire option is a simple transparent model that gives the performing company clarity with regards to their financial outlay. Additionally, we do not charge companies extra to have their show listings included in the venue brochure and on the venue website. All you will pay is the agreed and all inclusive fee, there are no hidden costs.
We are flexible if you want to talk about a box office split or wish to discuss prices further, so please do not hesitate to contact us with any financial queries.
What do you get in the all inclusive deal:
- Sole use of the theatre, dressing room for the period of your show
- Box Office support from 0930-2300 daily, dealing with on the door sales and advance reservations
- Companies retain their Show (Venue) Box Office funds daily
- First class technical support from our experienced production team from the time of booking to your get-out
- Unique in Edinburgh - Our 8 central box offices, all performing companies have their posters and flyers sited in these outlets, this gives instant access to the 80,000 audience members that see shows in our venues.
- As the festival's largest venue we offer a unique branding presence in the city, our 8 venues are all located on or just off the famed Royal Mile giving an unrivalled presence for audiences to enjoy.
- Full technical control - we let your own technicians operate your performances
- Technical rehearsal period one-and-a-half times your slot length
- A 60 word description of your show in 20,000 Venue brochures
- A 60 word description of your show in the Venue website
- Inclusion in the venue press releases
- Advertising on venue hoardings outside the theatre if applicable
- We have public liability insurance
- PRS background Music Cover
- Comp tickets for cast and crew to all Space Venues shows (after paying patrons, press and promoters have been admitted)
- On site Press office and and full Press team support
A deposit of 20% of the rental will be required on confirmation of the booking and return of contract, 50% by the 1st May and the remaining 30% by 1st July.
For booking information and available time slots then do contact us at your earliest convenience. Many slots are reserved very quickly by returning companies so do register your interest ASAP and fill in this application form.
If possible please have in mind your preferred time slots and your preferred week(s) if you are not intending to perform for the full 22 day run.
Contact: Charles on 07976 785718 or +44 (0) 131 510 2399 or email@example.com