We are proud to produce the most established new writing platform at the fringe and to have become one of the Festival's best known and well located venues. With that comes huge diversity and we are pleased to present an array of professional, independent and student work from across the globe. But even though we have grown and developed, we are still very much an inclusive venue. We offer not only a great and established platform but we understand what it's like to bring a show for the first time or for a short run.
Our teams are experienced and professional theatre people who not only have huge passion for the arts but love the Fringe too. We’ll not only make sure your show has the best possible platform but we’ll happily offer the experienced expertise to hold your hand through the process.
We really do hope that you find your Fringe home with us. We have many shows that return year after year and for us this is a great testament not only to our fair and honest way of producing and presenting our venues but for the very reason we’re here in the first place - to bring shows to the Edinburgh stage.
What's the deal?
We offer a simple all-inclusive straight hire package. We believe this is a simple transparent model that gives you absolute clarity with regards to your financial outlay. We do not charge you extra to have your show listings included in the venue brochure and on the venue website. All you will pay is the agreed and all inclusive fee, there are no hidden costs.
We are flexible if you want to talk about other kinds of deals such as a box office split or wish to discuss prices further, so please do not hesitate to contact us with any queries.
What do I get?
- Sole use of the theatre and dressing room (if applicable) for the duration of the booking
- First class technical support from our experienced production team from the time of booking to your get-out
- Full technical control - we let your own technicians operate your performances
- Box office support between 0930 and 0000 daily, dealing with on the door sales and advance reservations
- Venue Box office fully linked fully to the fringe box office allocation.
- We uniquely pay your cash venue box office sales to you daily after each show. You leave Edinburgh with all your venue box office cash. The Fringe Box Office will pay you out their sales directly in September.
- No 4% charge on venue box office funds most other venues are tied too in their agreement with the central ticket agency.
- Technical rehearsal period one-and-a-half times your slot length
- A 60 word description of your show in 20,000 venue brochures
- A page with your show details on this website
- Inclusion in the venue press releases
- Posters and flyers sited at each of our eight central Edinburgh box offices (all located on or close to the famed Royal Mile, giving an unrivalled presence for audiences to enjoy). This gives instant access to the 150,000+ audience members that see shows in our venues.
- Access to favourable marketing and advertising deals with known Fringe media and review platforms
- PRS background music cover
- On site press office and and full press team support including pre festival assistance on how to write your press release and venue releases sent to the global media from May.
- No extra compulsory costs or charges ie: brochure inclusion, marketing fees, charges to see other shows at theSpaceUK in August, or compulsory lanyards etc.
- SpacePass - We give SpacePasses for all your company members: these give complimentary access to all shows across our venues (if the show hasn’t sold out) on a stand-by basis. The SpacePass also gives you lots of good deals on drinks on food and drinks across our venues and in many of the local cafes, bars and restaurants too.
A deposit of 20% of the rental will be required on confirmation of the booking and return of contract, 50% by the 1st May and the remaining 30% by 1st July. We can be flexible with the payment structure so do talk to us about this.