Nicolson Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9DW
Nicolson Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9DW
After a hugely successful debut season in 2009 followed by expansion and growth in the subsequent years theSpace team can now boast the most established stylish and well located multi-space venues on the fringe. Located on Nicholson Street, a minutes walk the Royal Mile opposite the Festival Theatre and yards from Bristo Square the venue sits in its own buzzing courtyard, is a venue few want to miss.
Our four performance spaces played host to some 100 shows in 2015, and with an array of award nominations, feature coverage and a constant flow of 4 and 5 star reviews the venue continues to host an increasing number of sell-out shows with some 50,000 people visiting the venue during the 21 day festival in 2015.
With a reputation for offering one of the festivals most diverse cross-genre programmes the venue is complimented by a very stylish 200 seat courtyard bar and food village. It’s ultimately one of the festivals busiest venues and a must for all seasoned theatre goers.
Theatre Plan & Technical Details:
Very flexible spaces - see individual venues specs for more information.
The Grand theatre caters for large/middle size theatre, musicals, dance. The other three theatres are ideal middle to small scale theatre, musical, comedy, sketch and monologues.
Plans and technical summaries are available in PDF form here.
If you are using Adobe Acrobat the links will open on the correct page. If you are using an alternative PDF reader, please navigate to pages 18-23 for the Surgeons' Hall venues.
Prices / Inclusive deals:
When booking one of our venues we prefer to offer companies an all inclusive straight hire package. We believe that the straight hire option is a simple transparent model that gives the performing company clarity with regards to their financial outlay. Additionally, we do not charge companies extra to have their show listings included in the venue brochure and on the venue website. All you will pay is the agreed and all inclusive fee, there are no hidden costs.
We are flexible if you want to talk about a box office split or wish to discuss prices further, so please do not hesitate to contact us with any financial queries.
What do you get in the all inclusive deal:
- Sole use of the theatre, dressing room for the period of your show
- Box Office support from 0930-2300 daily, dealing with on the door sales and advance reservations
- Companies retain their Show (Venue) Box Office funds daily
- First class technical support from our experienced production team from the time of booking to your get-out
- Unique in Edinburgh - Our 8 central box offices, all performing companies have their posters and flyers sited in these outlets, this gives instant access to the 80,000 audience members that see shows in our venues.
- As the festival's largest venue we offer a unique branding presence in the city, our 8 venues are all located on or just off the famed Royal Mile giving an unrivalled presence for audiences to enjoy.
- Full technical control - we let your own technicians operate your performances
- Technical rehearsal period one-and-a-half times your slot length
- A 60 word description of your show in 20,000 Venue brochures
- A 60 word description of your show in the Venue website
- Inclusion in the venue press releases
- Advertising on venue hoardings outside the theatre if applicable
- We have public liability insurance
- PRS background Music Cover
- Comp tickets for cast and crew to all Space Venues shows (after paying patrons, press and promoters have been admitted)
- On site Press office and and full Press team support
A deposit of 20% of the rental will be required on confirmation of the booking and return of contract, 50% by the 1st May and the remaining 30% by 1st July.
For booking information and available time slots then do contact us at your earliest convenience. Many slots are reserved very quickly by returning companies so do register your interest ASAP and fill in this application form.
If possible please have in mind your preferred time slots and your preferred week(s) if you are not intending to perform for the full 22 day run.
Contact: Charles on 07976 785718 or +44 (0) 131 510 2399 or firstname.lastname@example.org