Nicolson Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9DW
Nicolson Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9DW
After a hugely successful debut season in 2009 followed by expansion and growth in 2010, 2011 and 2012 theSpace team can now boast one of the most popular, stylish and well located multi-space venues on the fringe.
Located on Nicholson Street, a minutes walk the Royal Mile opposite the Festival Theatre and yards from Bristo Square, Assembly Roxy and The Pleasance this inspiring venue sits in the beautiful columned courtyard at the historical Royal College of Surgeons.
Our four performance spaces played host to some 90 shows at the 2012 fringe, and with an array of award nominations, feature coverage and a constant flow of 4 and 5 star reviews the venue continued to host an increasing number of sell-out shows with some 40,000 people visiting the venue during the 21 day festival.
With an enhanced reputation for offering one of the festivals most diverse and interesting cross-genre programmes we are excited to begin programming for the 2013 fringe.
The complex features a stylish and popular courtyard bar nestling between the buildings of the historic college, a modern box office and reception facility leading to four modern and fully facilitated performance spaces.
Theatre Plan & Technical Details:
Very flexible spaces - see individual venues specs for more information.
The Grand theatre caters for large/middle size theatre, musicals, dance. The other three theatres are ideal middle to small scale theatre, musical, comedy, sketch and monologues.
If you are using Adobe Acrobat the links will open on the correct page. If you are using an alternative PDF reader, please navigate to pages 13-16 for the Surgeons' Hall venues.
Prices / Inclusive deals:
When booking one of our venues we prefer to offer companies an all inclusive straight hire package. We believe that the straight hire option is a simple transparent model that gives the performing company clarity with regards to their financial outlay. Additionally, we do not charge companies extra to have their show listings included in the venue brochure and on the venue website. All you will pay is the agreed and all inclusive fee, there are no hidden costs.
We are flexible if you want to talk about a box office split or wish to discuss prices further, so please do not hesitate to contact us with any financial queries.
What do you get in the all inclusive deal:
- Sole use of the theatre, dressing room for the period of your show
- Box Office support from 0930-2300 daily, dealing with on the door sales and advance reservations
- Companies retain their Show (Venue) Box Office funds daily
- First class technical support from our experienced production team from the time of booking to your get-out
- Full technical control - we let your own technicians operate your performances
- Technical rehearsal period one-and-a-half times your slot length
- A 60 word description of your show in 20,000 Venue brochures
- A 60 word description of your show in the Venue website
- Inclusion in the venue press releases
- Advertising on venue hoardings outside the theatre if applicable
- We have public liability insurance
- PRS background Music Cover
- Comp tickets for cast and crew to all Space Venues shows (after paying patrons, press and promoters have been admitted)
- Cross marketing promotional access to our 8 centrally located box offices
A deposit of 20% of the rental will be required on confirmation of the booking and return of contract, 50% by the 1st May and the remaining 30% by 1st July.
For booking information and available time slots then do contact us at your earliest convenience. Many slots are reserved very quickly by returning companies so do register your interest ASAP and fill in this application form.
If possible please have in mind your preferred time slots and your preferred week(s) if you are not intending to perform for the full 22 day run.
Contact: Charles on 07976 785718 or 01252 794934 or firstname.lastname@example.org