North Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1SD
North Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1SD
Located where the Royal Mile meets North Bridge the venue is located perfectly for fringe audiences. And, with our other theatres at theSpace on the Mile, theSpace @ Venue 45 and theSpace @ Niddry all just a few yards away we are pleased to be able to offer audiences a wonderful theatre hub right at the centre of the festival.
The venue has a strong reputation for small to mid scale theatre, music, improv, sketch and comedy. In recent years shows here have won varied awards including the Daily Mail pick of the fringe, various NSDF nominations and the Three Weeks Editors Award. The theatres are suitable for casts of 1-12.
Theatre Plan & Technical Details:
A plan and summary of theSpace on North Bridge's technical details are available in PDF form here.
If you are using Adobe Acrobat the link will open on the correct page for theSpace on North Bridge. If you are using an alternative PDF reader, please navigate to page 18.
The venue boasts two 50-seater thrust performance spaces, please see the venue specifications for more details.
Here we programme a wide range of performance genre from small to mid-scale theatre, monologues, improv, sketch, comedy, poetry, music and song.
Prices / Inclusive deals:
When booking one of our venues we prefer to offer companies an all inclusive straight hire package. We believe that the straight hire option is a simple transparent model that gives the performing company clarity with regards to their financial outlay. Additionally, we do not charge companies extra to have their show listings included in the venue brochure and on the venue website. All you will pay is the agreed and all inclusive fee, there are no hidden costs.
We are flexible if you want to talk about a box office split or wish to discuss prices further, so please do not hesitate to contact us with any financial queries.
What do you get in the all inclusive deal:
- Sole use of the theatre, dressing room for the period of your show
- Box Office support from 0930-2300 daily, dealing with on the door sales and advance reservations
- Companies retain their Show (Venue) Box Office funds daily
- First class technical support from our experienced production team from the time of booking to your get-out
- Unique in Edinburgh - Our 8 central box offices, all performing companies have their posters and flyers sited in these outlets, this gives instant access to the 80,000 audience members that see shows in our venues.
- As the festival's largest venue we offer a unique branding presence in the city, our 8 venues are all located on or just off the famed Royal Mile giving an unrivalled presence for audiences to enjoy.
- Full technical control - we let your own technicians operate your performances
- Technical rehearsal period one-and-a-half times your slot length
- A 60 word description of your show in 20,000 Venue brochures
- A 60 word description of your show in the Venue website
- Inclusion in the venue press releases
- Advertising on venue hoardings outside the theatre if applicable
- We have public liability insurance
- PRS background Music Cover
- Comp tickets for cast and crew to all Space Venues shows (after paying patrons, press and promoters have been admitted)
- On site Press office and and full Press team support
A deposit of 20% of the rental will be required on confirmation of the booking and return of contract, 50% by the 1st May and the remaining 30% by 1st July.
For booking information and available time slots then do contact us at your earliest convenience. Many slots are reserved very quickly by returning companies so do register your interest ASAP and fill in this application form.
If possible please have in mind your preferred time slots and your preferred week(s) if you are not intending to perform for the full 22 day run.
Contact: Charles on 07976 785718 or +44 (0) 131 510 2399 or email@example.com