North Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1SD
North Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1SD
Located where the Royal Mile meets North Bridge the venue is located perfectly for fringe audiencs. And, with our other theatres at theSpace on the Mile, Space Cabaret and theSpace on Niddry St all just a few yards away we are pleased to be able to offer audiences a wonderful theatre hub right at the centre of the festival.
The two performance spaces are located via their own stylish entrance on North Bridge. The theatres are both designed as ‘end on, raised stage’ and make good use of the spacious and high ceilinged victorian ballrooms in which they are situated. Good grid height gives ample lighting on sensibly sized stages and this flexibility means that the spaces are suitable for all genre’s of performance.
In 2012 the venue boasted some very successful shows, many selling out and several receiving 5 star reviews, one of which ‘Picture House’ also won the Scottish Daily Mail Best of the Fest Award.
And as a real bonus the venue boasts a large ‘performers bar’ at the top of the building looking out over New Town, Carlton Hill, Leith Docks and the Sea beyond – Worth a pre or post show drink.
Theatre Plan & Technical Details:
A full theatre plan and a technical summary of theSpace on North Bridge's technical details are available in PDF form here.
If you are using Adobe Acrobat the link will open on the correct page for theSpace on North Bridge. If you are using an alternative PDF reader, please navigate to page 19.
The venue boasts 2 'end-on' 'raised stage' performance spaces, please see the venue specifications for more details.
Here we programme a wide range of performance genre from small to
mid-scale theatre, monalogues, improv, sketch, comedy, poetry, music and song.
Prices / Inclusive deals:
When booking one of our venues we prefer to offer companies an all inclusive straight hire package. We believe that the straight hire option is a simple transparent model that gives the performing company clarity with regards to their financial outlay. Additionally, we do not charge companies extra to have their show listings included in the venue brochure and on the venue website. All you will pay is the agreed and all inclusive fee, there are no hidden costs.
We are flexible if you want to talk about a box office split or wish to discuss prices further, so please do not hesitate to contact us with any financial queries.
What do you get in the all inclusive deal:
- Sole use of the theatre, dressing room for the period of your show
- Box Office support from 0930-2300 daily, dealing with on the door sales and advance reservations
- Companies retain their Show (Venue) Box Office funds daily
- First class technical support from our experienced production team from the time of booking to your get-out
- Full technical control - we let your own technicians operate your performances
- Technical rehearsal period one-and-a-half times your slot length
- A 60 word description of your show in 20,000 Venue brochures
- A 60 word description of your show in the Venue website
- Inclusion in the venue press releases
- Advertising on venue hoardings outside the theatre if applicable
- We have public liability insurance
- PRS background Music Cover
- Comp tickets for cast and crew to all Space Venues shows (after paying patrons, press and promoters have been admitted)
- Cross marketing promotional access to our 8 centrally located box offices
A deposit of 20% of the rental will be required on confirmation of the booking and return of contract, 50% by the 1st May and the remaining 30% by 1st July.
For booking information and available time slots then do contact us at your earliest convenience. Many slots are reserved very quickly by returning companies so do register your interest ASAP and fill in this application form.
If possible please have in mind your preferred time slots and your preferred week(s) if you are not intending to perform for the full 22 day run.
Contact: Charles on 07976 785718 or 01252 794934 or firstname.lastname@example.org