43 Jeffrey Street, Edinburgh EH1 1DH
43 Jeffrey Street, Edinburgh EH1 1DH
theSpace @ Jurys has been a fringe venue since 2002 and is located in an ideal central position (seconds from the Royal Mile), 500yds from Waverley Station and right next door to theSpace @ Venue 45 – one of the festivals most established venues.
Much of our focus in programming this venue is aimed at giving new, emerging and progressive companies the platform to gain the invaluable experience of performing on the fringe in a central venue and on an affordable budget. With this in mind our prices reflect a passion for young and developing theatre and we invite applications from companies who feel they fit that description.
In 2012 sell-out shows included Ellipsis (Ellipsis Theatre) written and performed by three 18 year old students, the show made quite an impact receiving cross media critical acclaim and reviews (5 Stars – Broadway Baby) We also hosted ‘A Man for All Times: W. E. B. DuBois’(Pulse Ensemble USA) (4 Stars – Three Weeks) and a series of monalogues, ‘Burns – Rough Cut’ ( 3 Stars – Three Weeks, Fest) In recent years many shows have enjoyed strong reviews and several have received or been short-listed for awards including ‘Creatures’ which won The Three Weeks Editors Award in 2010).
The space is most suited to 1-4 handers performing small scale theatre, storytelling, the Spoken word, sketch, poetry, monologue, improv, stand-up or comedy. Media outlets reviewing shows here include The Scotsman, Three Weeks, The Stage, Broadway Baby, Fringe Guru, Fringe Review, The Guardian and Fest amongst others.
Theatre Plan & Technical Details:
It's an ideal theatre for the first time Edinburgh show, the 40 seat end on black box caters comfortably for 1-4 handers. The venue has developed naturally since 2002 into one offering an affordable opportunity for young theatre companies to come to Edinburgh for a long run, on a budget and perform right at the heart of the Fringe.
A theatre plan and a technical summary is available in PDF form here.
If you are using Adobe Acrobat the link will open on the correct page for Jury's Inn. If you are using an alternative PDF reader, please navigate to page 5.
Prices / Inclusive deals:
When booking one of our venues we prefer to offer companies an all inclusive straight hire package. We believe that the straight hire option is a simple transparent model that gives the performing company clarity with regards to their financial outlay. Additionally, we do not charge companies extra to have their show listings included in the venue brochure and on the venue website. All you will pay is the agreed and all inclusive fee, there are no hidden costs.
We are flexible if you want to talk about a box office split or wish to discuss prices further, so please do not hesitate to contact us with any financial queries.
What do you get in the all inclusive deal:
- Sole use of the theatre, dressing room for the period of your show
- Box Office support from 0930-2300 daily, dealing with on the door sales and advance reservations
- Companies retain their Show (Venue) Box Office funds daily
- First class technical support from our experienced production team from the time of booking to your get-out
- Full technical control - we let your own technicians operate your performances
- Technical rehearsal period one-and-a-half times your slot length
- A 60 word description of your show in 20,000 Venue brochures
- A 60 word description of your show in the Venue website
- Inclusion in the venue press releases
- Advertising on venue hoardings outside the theatre if applicable
- We have public liability insurance
- PRS background Music Cover
- Comp tickets for cast and crew to all Space Venues shows (after paying patrons, press and promoters have been admitted)
- Cross marketing promotional access to our 8 centrally located box offices
A deposit of 20% of the rental will be required on confirmation of the booking and return of contract, 50% by the 1st May and the remaining 30% by 1st July.
For booking information and available time slots then do contact us at your earliest convenience. Many slots are reserved very quickly by returning companies so do register your interest ASAP and fill in this application form.
If possible please have in mind your preferred time slots and your preferred week(s) if you are not intending to perform for the full 22 day run.
Contact: Charles on 07976 785718 or 01252 794934 or email@example.com